General
information

The Jiangsu Institute of Parasitic Diseases (JIPD) is located in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province. It was founded in July, 1950 named as “Eastern China Institute for Schistosomiasis Control” under the leadership of Committee on Administration in Eastern China, Ministry of Health. It was one of the earliest institutions for schistosomiasis control in China. In 1953, it was renamed as “Jiangsu Institute of Schistosomiasis Control” under the leadership of Department of Health, Jiangsu Government. In 1959, the Parasitic Diseases Institute in Jiangsu, Chinese Academy of Medicine moved from Nanjing into Wuxi, and two institutes were immerged into one institution as Jiangsu Institute of Parasitic Diseases.